Hello! I’ve been inspired by the smoothie recipes going around, and the beautiful weather. I thought I’d share my favourite smoothie recipe. I usually have this for breakfast in the summer. I’m not a very good cook so this smoothie is very basic but that means that anyone can make it (I can make it while I’m half asleep!) and really filling.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of Frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of Frozen raspberries
- 3 heaped spoonfuls of Yogurt
- 1 Small Banana (frozen or not)
- 1/4 cup oatmeal (optional)
- Spoonful of chia seeds
- A dash of flaxseed
- Fruit for garnish (optional)
What to do:
- Put the oatmeal through the blender so it becomes powder
- Have the chia seeds sitting in some water/milk/yogurt for a while so it expands. You mix this in the smoothie after step 4, or just put in on top.
- Throw everything into the blender.
(Tip: put the heavier stuff in first so it helps push the rest down while blending!)
- Blend and blend and pulse and repeat until smooth.
- Enjoy your smoothie!
If you prefer it smoother: add more yogurt, more milk/milk substitute, use fresh fruit instead of frozen
If you prefer it thicker: Add ice, more oatmeal, and use less liquids
I like to dip my fruit in the smoothie so it’s really a smoothie bowl/dip which then ends up being a good old smoothie. I promise it’s really yummy, so give it a go and let me know your thoughts.
What’s your favourite recipe?
What fruits would you use?
Let me know!