Recently in Hong Kong we’ve been having beautiful (but awfully humid) blue skied days so I’ve been making the most of that. Now we’ve transitioned into this rather rainy and stormy period so I’m back inside catching up on all my missed shows (Korean variety shows woohoo!) and trying to perfect my blog posts 🙂
Here are some things that I’ve been loving this hot summery June!
I’ve been loving marble ever since I started looking at DIY home decor. I’ve especially been sucked in by marble contact paper because it’s seems like the cheaper alternative. I haven’t seen it in person but the photos of marble contact paper covered things are just so beautiful.
- DIY ikea table
- DIY marble phone case
- DIY marble laptop case
- DIY faux marble coasters
This was a bit of a surprise for me seeing as I’ve always stayed away from white. I’m an incredibly messy and clumsy person. However, lately to my surprise (and horror!) I’ve been gravitating towards white decor, clothing, shoes etc. I’ve bought 2 white shirts so far… both of them are already dirty. Thank goodness for bleach right?
- Cotton On shirt
- Chunky white platform heels
- White nails
Dreamcatchers are something I have always struggled to make however not too long ago I successfully made a really simple one (mentioned here). I am hoping to make a dreamcatcher DIY, however in the meantime I haven’t stopped looking at dreamcatchers online.
- Jenn Im’s Dreamcatcher
- Caught on a Whim Dreamcatcher
- Inspired Soul Blog Dreamcatcher
Crowns + Tiaras + Halos
My love for crowns, tiaras, and halos has gone on for quite some time now. I think it all began with the hair chains. If you’re following me on pinterest, you may have spotted my tiara pinning and if you’ve been around me the past couple of month you may have seen me staring at Elemental Child’s store page … longing for the beautiful crowns and tiaras.
- Elemental Child: Mountain witch with rose quartz leaves crown
- Elemental Child: Blue quartz corona tiara
I’d love to know if you buy or make anything listed here, so be use to send me a message either in the comments, on instagram, by smoke signals/pigeon carrier, or any other method you can think of!
Have a lovely week!
Here are some Instagram posts (and their accounts) that I have been loving so far. I’ve learnt that I follow a lot of bloggers on Instagram. A lot. I was surprised!
I hope you enjoy this post and if you did let me know!
Leave me your Instagram details in the comments or follow/visit me on Instagram. I’m always looking for more accounts to follow 🙂
How good do these look?! This makes me miss summer in Montreal eating pulled pork tacos and churros from Jean-Talon Market with my cousin.
Alice is a pretty ace blogger and illustrator, so go check her blog out!
This dog is adorable! That smooshed cheek!
Chantal’s Instagram is so calming and beautiful, I really wanted to share more of her photos but I didn’t want to bombard you all!
P.S. She has a blog too!
Ah this family is just one of the cutest ever. Does anyone remember the days of tiny Theo and tiny Beau? If not, check out all the links.
Jeepers. So. Cute.
Here’s one more. Last one, I promise!
Isn’t this place gorgeous? One of the loveliest families with some of the most inspiring lifestyles and thoughts on life are involved with this place. I haven’t been to Urban Projuice because I haven’t been to Melbourne recently, but it’s definitely on my wish list. The food looks amazing too. If you’re in Melbourne please go and let me know how it is! Oh I’m hungry now 😦
Tom Felton 🙂 Oh Tom Felton.
Need I say more?
Hello!I thought I’d put together a list of things I loved this winter. I’ve covered beauty(?) must-haves because my skin is really affected by the weather, and the hundreds of choices out there for each type of product really scared and confused me. Eucerin: Dry Skin, Intensive Lip Balm This was magic. I had the worst chapped + split lips at the beginning of winter so I finally caved for a not-so-cute medicinal sounding lip product. I put it on continuously for a whole day and once overnight and the next day my lips were pretty much back to their old self. This is now my go to product for chapped/dry lips. I have noticed that after the product is gone my lips do feel a bit dry, but it does the healing part of the process really well. Deodorant: I don’t really have a good suggestion for this one yet. It gets cold here (-20 to -30 regularly in winter) so I get really sweaty (eh?) because I’m wearing so many layers and running to get out of the cold. Plus its always really warm inside. It drives me crazy. I haven’t found a brand that I love yet, so I’m still on the hunt. Let me know if you have any suggestions!
Clearasil(R) DailyClear(R) Acne Treatment Cream. I don’t often get pimples but when I do, they are stubborn. You know those pimples that begin to surface but then decided to take a break so you end up with just a huge red throbbing spot on your face for a week (or longer)? I get them, and this has been helping me get rid of those lurkers.
Bodyshop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter I wanted something a bit more refreshing, less sweet, and didn’t make me need to break out a chocolate bar. This was the one.
Revlon – Colorburst Lip Butter: Cherry Tart #070. I like having a bright lip in winter for a nice pop, and I feel like you can’t go wrong with red. I’m still looking for a dark lip colour that doesn’t intimidate me. I’m not in love with the other colour so I didn’t have much to write about it, but it’s always nice to have a lighter shade too. See this post for my thoughts about the Cherry Tart lip butter!
First Aid Beauty: Ultra Repair Cream – Intense Hydration This was my first really dry winter and I was noticing patches of dry skin. The Sephora magicians suggested this and I ended up loving it. It’s a bit thicker than I would like, but once it’s on it does good. I use this mainly on my face but sometimes my hands, elbows and knees. My skin is all good now. As soft as a peach. Less fuzzy. I hope.
TonyMoly Hand Cream – Tangerine My cousin gave this to me a few months ago in a cute gift set of 4 fruit scented lotions. This smells so good and comes in the cutest packaging (I am such a sucker for good packaging. Anyone else?). I just realized that this list pretty much works for all seasons, so I guess you can start adding things to your shopping list now! Hopefully something in this list will be handy for someone reading this. I know I’ll be revisiting this list next winter 🙂
P.S. If you have really cold hands or get really cold, hot packs are nice. I usually get the Asian brand ones just because I’ve using them since I was a baby. If you’re interested, look up “hand warmers” (they’re pretty much the same thing) on amazon. They have all sorts of hot packs now such as reusable ones and sticky ones that you can stick onto your clothes (inner layers) to keep you warm!
It’s now officially April (woohoo! I know because I went over my internet limit so I spent most of March 31st waiting for the clock to hit midnight) so I thought I’d sum up the things that made March lovely for me. I’ve supplied the links below so you can check out the things I mention 🙂 The list starts from the collage and goes in a clockwise-ish direction.
- Medium/Short hair A collage I made from photo I found on tumblr and pinterest. I got my hair cut at the Aveda Institute and it looked amazing! But then I washed it. Guess I’m not as talented as the lovely lady who styled it, so now i wake up looking like Rapunzel. The one with short flippy brown hair not the blonde. But I’m still loving it haha 🙂
- Netflix + The Fresh Prince of Bel Air (photo credit) I know, I know. I jumped on the Fresh Prince bandwagon a bit late. But better late than never right? Geoffrey was definitely my favourite. So much sass! Tyra’s appearance distracted me, all i could think whenever she was onscreen was:
- Elle Wills (photos from her website) I’ve had an eye on her art for a really long time. That cup of coffee and the portrait of the girl are both done by her. You can buy her work so go check out her page! So. Talented. Can’t. Even.
- Revlon – Colorburst Lip Butter: Cherry Tart #070 I’ve been wearing this non-stop. Gloomy day and I need a little pick me up? I just put a bit on my lips and I’m feeling a bit more put together. I find it moisturizing (or at the very least not drying) and the colour can be built up meaning you pretty much get everything from a tinted lip balm to a lipstick.
- Al Pacino / The Godfather (photo credit) Have you heard him speak? Do you see that face? Enough said. ❤
- Velvet Skort I got mine in black and red from boohoo.com. Velvet anything and skirts = Can’t go wrong. They’re super comfy. I’m hoping to wear it in Asia later in April/May, but now I’m wondering if I’ll get a bit too hot in them…
- Minion Emojis (Facebook chat) My poor poor friends. I keep sending people minion emojis, I can’t help it. I’m in love!Dear Emoji creators, Thank you for blessing me with minion emoticons. Just wanted to say that I feel tricked when I send a minion to my friend and it doesn’t move. We both just end up staring at the little guy, waiting, and waiting…. uh, still waiting. How disappointing. Also, please make more minions and gift them with some extra sass. Minions are life, for life. Love, Tiffany
- Anywhere warm (aka not Canada right now) (Photo is from my instagram) I think, if I was only allowed to visit one place for a holiday for the rest of my life, it would probably have to be South Africa. It was just so beautiful. I can’t even quite pinpoint the feeling I had while I was there. Don’t close your eyes because then you wouldn’t be able to read this, but imagine: you’re being driven down a road with the breeze in your hair, the sun on your face, just blue and green for miles and miles and then suddenly someone introduces you to braai and gives you calamari and chips. Life is good 🙂