Hello! I’m back! I’ve missed blogging and just sitting down and going through all the blogs I’ve subscribed to, so I’m really glad I’m back 🙂 As you might have seen, I just got back from my 2 week trip to Melbourne where I saw family and friends and ate (and ate and ate and ate and ate). I’ve been awful with keeping up with my Instagram so I decided that I would make a post about my trip using some of the photos I took and have yet put onto Instagram. Hope you enjoy it!
(Links of the places I’ve mentioned will be at the very end)
I keep forgetting to document my travels, but I think that’s generally okay because I had fun and I still noted down all the places you guys should visit! I didn’t do many tourist-y things because I’ve lived in Melbourne for 4 years and so it was a really chill type of trip. Most of the things I’ve noted are more local-y things.
Other best parts of my trip were:
- Getting to see my extended family and spend time with them. They’ve done so much for me and been there for me over the years, so getting to see them is always exciting.
- Catching up with one of my oldest and best(est) friends who I haven’t seen since 2012/2013. She ended up in Canada while I was in Melbourne. It was really sad 😦 but it’s okay, we had Yum Cha this time.
- I also got to spend some time with my best friend’s family (I pretty much consider them my family) and say goodbye to Putty (one of the best cats ever).
- Got bahn mi (Vietnamese sandwich) twice from Phouc Thanh and had the biggest Vietnamese feast at Loi Loi.
- Using my (new) camera!
- Had Balinese food. They make surprisingly delicious ribs!
- Remembered to take photo-booth photos with my best friend (it’s a tradition!)
- Got coffee and donuts for breakfast from Adeney.
- Saw an amazing video of my cousin’s wedding. I cried. It wasn’t any old video either, it was made like a movie/documentary thing. Eesh, setting the bar high much?
Links to places I went to (that I think you should consider putting on your list of places to visit!)