Hello! I’m finally back with another super easy DIY: Mosaic Phone Case. It’s a fun way to customize your phone case. As you can see by my little hashtag in the title, everything I used to make this phone case was found in my dollar store. Of course, feel free to buy better quality material, I just wanted to set myself a bit of a challenge. Let’s get started!
- Super Glue
- CDs (I bought a 2 pack of DVDs for $3)
- Phone case (I would suggest buying a hard cover and not a soft one like I did)
What To Do
- Take a CD and cut it in half. Use some sturdy scissors!
- Take each half CD and split them in half. If you look closely at the CD piece, you’ll notice that it’s like a sandwich. Split the CD by slipping a fingernail or something in-between it so you end up with 2 pieces – 1 shiny, 1 transparent (so 4 pieces from each full CD). We will be using the shiny half but feel free to keep the transparent halves for any other DIYs you might do in the future!
- Repeat step 2 to any other CDs you may have.
- Cut the shiny pieces into different shapes. I just hacked it and kept all the edges straight so it would be easier to put together.
- Do a rough draft of how the pieces will stick on the phone case. This way you’ll know if you need any specifically shaped pieces or need to trim some pieces down. I suggest making sure that the pieces near the edge aren’t sharp and sticking out.
- Super glue them down! Stick all of them down and let it dry.
- You’re done! You are now the proud owner of a shiny mosaic phone case!
I hope you enjoyed this DIY and if you decide to give it a go, be sure to let me know by leaving a comment or sending me a picture on Instagram @tiffkaya (#tiffanykaya or tag me in the photo).
Good luck and have fun!